Contenuto principale della pagina Menu di navigazione Modulo di ricerca su uniPi Modulo di ricerca su uniPi

Foreign Academic Degrees

Based on law 148/2002 (Ratified and executed at the Lisbon Convention of 1997), Italian Universities can acknowledge cycles and periods of study carried out abroad as well as foreign diplomas for the purpose of access to higher education, the continuation of university studies and the attainment of a degree from an Italian University.

Italian or foreign citizens can ask for equivalency of their own foreign academic degree.

Every request is evaluated by the relevant Council of the degree programme which can:

  • declare the foreign academic degree equivalent for all purposes equivalent to the corresponding academic degree awarded by the University of Pisa. In such a case a decree of equivalency from the Rector will be issued to the applicant. According to the D.R. 01/1988 of 2005, this has a cost of € 200.


  • allow the candidate to enrol in the University of Pisa in the corresponding degree programme, with total or partial dispensation from their previous exams.

Universities however have have no jurisdiction on the equivalency of professional qualifications carried out abroad.

For more information you can consult the CIMEA website or write an email to Questo indirizzo email è protetto dagli spambots. È necessario abilitare JavaScript per vederlo..

Equivalency of foreign academic degrees in Building Engineering, Medicine, Dentistry and Health Professions

The official website of the Ministry of Foreign Affairs

Questo sito utilizza solo cookie tecnici, propri e di terze parti, per il corretto funzionamento delle pagine web e per il miglioramento dei servizi. Se vuoi saperne di più, consulta l'informativa